We’re nearing the end of the holiday season, and this is a great time to think about your food and wellness goals. For example:
- Are you drinking enough water and skipping the higher calorie beverages?
- Are you choosing more high fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans?
- Are you getting enough sleep and making time for daily exercise?
Whether your healthy habit changes are big or small, take a moment to thank yourself for any positive choices you have made to stay on track so far this holiday season.
If you’ve been indulging more than planned in the holiday treats, don’t wait until the New Year to make a fresh start. Begin today! Think about one or two goals you would like to set for yourself over the next few weeks to feel good going into 2020.
Need some ideas?
- Start every morning with a hearty bowl of oatmeal
- Eat an extra serving of fruit every day
- Drink an extra glass of water every day
- Get in an extra hour of sleep each night
- Eat a serving of beans every day
- Make time for daily exercise
- Eat an extra serving of vegetables every day
- Limit yourself to one holiday treat at the party
Choose whatever makes the most sense to you! Slow down, take a deep breath, and remember all that there is to be thankful for this holiday season.
Here are 4 healthy holiday resources you don’t want to miss!
- The Ultimate Plant Based Christmas Dinner Menu
- How Not to Diet
- Free Healthy Meal Plan
- Download the free seven-minute workout app
Looking for some healthy holiday recipes? Check out these delicious dishes.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it a healthy life. You’ve got this!