Watch this short video that answers new patients’ commonly asked questions.
1. You will receive a letter from your health plan or provider group introducing Landmark in the mail.
2. A Landmark team member will call you to discuss our services and schedule time for a Landmark provider to visit you at home.
3. During your in-home visit, a Landmark doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant will ask about your health goals, discuss Landmark’s services and answer your questions. They will go over the forms that allow Landmark to treat you, similar to those you sign in your doctor’s office. Landmark will review your medical history and schedule a future visit.
4. Once you are a Landmark patient, you can reach a Landmark provider any time of the day or night, including weekends and holidays.
5. Notes from your Landmark visits are sent to your primary care doctor. Landmark is an added layer of support at home, and does not replace the care you receive from your other doctors.